About Athena Law
We provide cost-effective legal services exclusively in the areas of collaborative family law; wills and estates/personal planning; and estate administration.
Sometimes you don’t require full representation and… we get that! By keeping our overhead costs low and by using flat fees and unbundled or “lawyer-as-needed” services, we can offer quality service at any stage of your matter. For Pricing Options, click here.
Collaborative Family Law
When dealing with Family Law matters, Athena Law is committed to finding fair alternative or out-of-court solutions for our clients. Our goal is to help everyone involved maintain their dignity and to help find a workable solution. We ask ourselves- how can we help our clients gain a positive post-separation/divorce experience? How can we do this by collaborating with mental health professionals and financial professionals? We strongly believe that when dealing with family law matters- emotional and financial issues need to be tackled first. As the lawyers involved, our job is to simply steward the process.
Wills, Estates, and Personal Planning
Preparing for death is never a hot dinner topic. At Athena Law, we aim to help our clients find the right tools in planning for their future and their legacy. Our goal is to empower our clients to be able to set out exactly how they wish to leave their legacy and to whom. Dignity… dying with dignity is our jam! We want everyone to experience a dignified life from beginning to the end. With proper planning, our clients are able to ease the burden on others and limit the role of the government and the courts in the state of their private and personal affairs.
Dealing with the death of a loved one is devastating. We are here for you, whether you are an executor or a family member trying to figure out what needs to be done, we will guide you through the probate process from start to completion. We deal with both testate ( a will exists) and intestate (no will exists) matters.
Athena Law Offers
Collaborative FamIly Law
- helping you and your spouse enter the collaborative process by signing a participation agreement
- working with you and your spouse, along with any divorce coaches, child specialists and financial neutrals to figure out a plan for your transition.
Family Law Agreements
- cohabitation agreements
- marriage agreements (Pre-nups)
- separation agreements
Limited Family Litigation Services
- limited representation in initial family court proceedings
- attendance and preparation for Family Case Conferences and Judicial Case Conferences
- legal coaching for self-represented clients to help them navigate the provincial and supreme court family procedure and rules and to help familiarize them with the Family Law Act in British Columbia
Wills and Personal Planning Documents
- individual and couple Wills ( mobile services are offered upon request- meaning if you can’t come to us- we will come to you)
- power of attorneys
- representation agreements (Section 9) and (Section 7)
- nomination of committeeship applications
- grant of probate applications
- grant of administration applications
- committeeship applications
Contact Us Today
Email or Click on Book a Consultation Above. We look forward to connecting with you.